This article was published in Annonsbladet (local newspaper in the county of Dalecarlia) on Friday 19, 2019. The article can be read in Swedish at the bottom of this page. Here follows a free translation of the article in English. A big thanks to the reporter Sonny Jonasson for writing this fine words about the “Wildheart”-project.
Father and daughter have taken Dalecarlia to Nashville
Borlänge / Nashville
Hard times. Beautiful tones. A journey with reality as its conductor.
Peter Gunnebro and his daughter Josephine went to Nashville and found the power of music in the random game of chance.
– We have made friends for life, says Peter.
The games of chance are marvelous. Bit by bit, the idea of a mildly controlling chaos compass lies close at hand.
If it does, sweet music can arise, small miracles occur and life changes for the better.
– Josephine and I went to Nashville last autumn to see the city, feel the atmosphere and just doing a little bit of music tourism, says the musician and dad of three now grown up kids, Peter Gunnebro, who is also a part of the band Tailor Hill Station.
– During a taxi ride, we started talking to our driver, who turned out to be Rick, and just like us, he was very interested in music. He is also the father of the well-known country musician Adam McDonough, Peter develops.
Well-synchronized personalities led to the company socializing and talking a lot of music during the Borlänge duos visit in Nashville – a city that is known as the cradle of country music.
– The idea of writing something together was born, and we really found each other in a creative and friendly way.
– Now we have a song titled “Wildheart”, for this project. Rick and Adam has written the lyrics and Adam and Josephine sing duet and share the tone safe song effort, explains Peter Gunnebro.
The result is a country bead wrapped in warm, full-bodied soundscape with stylish brush strokes of pop, and the vocal harmonies travels just as smoothly and slowly as the emotional appearance of the composition. The music and Josephine’s vocal contributions are recorded in Peter’s own studio, located next to the picturesque villa in southern Borlänge.
Adam’s vocal contribution is immortalized on American soil, as is the steel guitar legend signed Travis Toy.
– He is one of the world’s best steel guitarists. Him playing on a song we have written means a lot to me, says a happy and proud Peter Gunnebro.
– The power in the majority of coincidences that surround the “Wildheart” work has also had considerable emotional significance for all involved.
Peter glances at the door to victories for future family ties and tough experiences that are now put on a strong, joyful screw.
– Rick and Adam has for a long time had very little father and son contact due to busy schedules, but this has in some ways reunited them.
– Josephine also has two brothers, and this song is dedicated to my children who have grown up with diagnoses and sometimes had it quite … or, in the name of honesty, very tough, says Peter Gunnebro in a tone that is difficult to describe but the easier to imagine the emotional weight behind.
The deeply personal connection between the musicians and the families between them is accentuated via future single as well as video releases for “Wildheart”. In addition, in mid-August, the next winged journey from Mats Knut’s Road to the music city of Nashville, Tennessee will be won.
– The “Wildheart” band will play a gig together, and the whole thing will be extra important as musicians and even old friends who now live in the US will be in the audience, says Peter.
Of course, we also hope to contribute to putting Borlänge even more on the music map, and it is very beautiful to share this experience with my daughter. In interaction with Rick and Adam, this musical adventure has become a family reunion, and we have made friends for life.
Text & Photo
Sonny Jonasson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on images below to enlarge.